Friday, January 9, 2015

Progress (January 9th)

We’re a little over a week in so far. How am I doing?


Well, I’ve written about 3300 words. It’s not very good, it’s not even close to quota. But you know what? It feels good. I’m writing almost every day. It will only continue to improve.


I’ve gotten one blog post down, second one ready to go. I even feel like I may be able to do more than one a week, but we’ll see. I might do a progress one each week which is simply a record of how well I’m achieving my goals of 2015, how much I’ve written and if I’m on track or not. They might just be short little updates on how I’m doing in this grand new year.


So, one week in. 1500-2000 words written. 2 blog posts. More work on The Long Awakening, my Nano novel. Waking up at 5am every week day to write. Working at home after work until my girlfriend gets off work...not going as well. It’s harder to get motivated to work in the afternoon after work than in the morning, I’m finding out.


An update to my current plan/schedule/goals.


Daily(Weekdays):
Wake up at 5am to Write
Write anything(blog post/novel/flash/short story/ANYTHING)
Work on MTEL text book for Graduate School
Write two tweets
Pull-ups
Read Mistborn
Read Kick-Ass Writer
Read The Wonderbook
Weekly:
Publish a blog post
Publish a tumblr post
Monthly:
Write/publish a flash fiction piece


Yes, you might have noticed I’m currently reading three books. One is for fun, I’ve heard the Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson is great and so far that’s proven true. The magic system is genius. The other two books I recieved for Christmas and just can’t help diving into. They both have to do with the craft of writing fiction and I’m finding them very useful. The Wonderbook is especially awesome, just take a look at it online to see what I mean. I like to read at least a couple pages a day to stay fresh.


Soon, I hope to add more physical activities to the plan, like running once a week and going to the gym.


I’ll end with my current works in progress, including blog posts in the pipeline, the fiction I’m working on, ideas in my head, and what I’m reading.


Blog posts coming:
A Month of Sobriety
Habitrpg
“If I Had a Heart”
Wonderbook Wonderings, Chapter 1


Current fiction work-in-progress:
A Long Awakening


Currently reading(fiction):
Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Currently reading(non-fiction)
Kick-ass Writer by Chuck Wendig
The Wonderbook by Jeff Vandermeer


Current physical activities:
Daily Pull-ups(5)



Expect a progress post every Friday, with your regular weekly posts every Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment