Monday, March 19, 2012

So I Wrote A Blogpost

I survived being a bouncer on St. Patrick's Day. Actually, it really wasn't that exciting and nothing crazy happened. There were just many more drunk people than usual. It was a long night and I'm glad it's over. There's also an FNG working the door so I'm going to be getting off the top of the stairs. That makes me happy.

I wasn't sure what to put in this blog post, but I felt like I needed to write something, as lately I've only put up some book reviews, nothing very exciting. I don't really have anything exciting to write about, but that's how it is sometimes, you just gotta write anyways.

I have a job for the summer. Special Needs Counselor at a summer camp. I think it will be fun, and I'll be working with different kids every week. It will be nice being outside every day, enjoying the hot sun and beautiful weather. The tough part will be working 5 days a week, 8-5 and then bouncing Thursday, Friday, and Saturday 10-2. I won't be able to hang out with my girlfriend as much, which sucks, and I won't be able to go on a trip with her at the end of the summer, which sucks major balls. I apologize for my language. Right now I can hear my mother in my head reading that and saying Ben...you could've put that in a nicer way... But oh well. It does suck, but I needed a summer job that paid and included experience working with children, which I found, so that's good.

I've been writing, short little stuff to keep my creative edge sharpened. There are two ideas in my head that have been percolating for a long time and I've finally managed to start typing them. One is about a detective who gets shot and dies, then wakes up in a hospital. Everyone around him says the bullet went through his shoulder and he's lucky to be alive but he knows the truth. He died. Now he's got to figure out how/why he's alive and chase down his killer. Man, that sounds like a pitch for a television show or something. The other idea is less formed, I basically just have the beginning scene set in my mind. Robots have taken control of the government and rule over human's lives "for their own good". Humans generally are okay with it, despite the many laws regarding drugs, alcohol, or other extreme human actions. Some want to rebel, supporters say there is virtually no crime and no war. The robots, at first were all logical rational beings, but through long interactions with the irrationality of humans, a few act strange, illogical. The main character is a robot who was created to interact with humans and attempt to understand their emotions and in doing so has caused this particular one to create feelings of it's own. The first scene is this robot walking into an illegal pub and sitting down. It sounds cool when I talk about it, but when I go to write it, it becomes vastly more difficult. I guess that's how it is though.

I've also been thinking about starting a serial novel. Basically, it would be a story I would add to once a week, unsure of how many words or so at the moment. I'm going to use my science fiction substitute idea, basically there is a guy who needs to substitute for people in life. I've figured out that he's a special kind of cop, who has to wear a suit and 'sub' for informants, or witnesses in danger, stuff like that. This obviously puts him in alot of dangerous situations. I feel like I'm not communicating my idea that well...but it sounds really cool in my head! The hard part about science fiction is similar to the hard part about fantasy, you've got to decide what the world is like, how far into the future it is, how futuristic is it, what technology do they have, etc.

So yeah, that's what's happening in my world. Ya'll come back now, ya hear?

How do you spell Ya'll? Is that right? Is it Y'all? Ya'all? You all?

No comments:

Post a Comment